Tuesday, November 19, 2013
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a critical function within the human resources/payroll department. The requirements are tricky. Not understanding or not following the regulations can have serious consequences. This webinar will sort out the dos and don’ts of the FLSA to keep you out of trouble. Join us to learn the ins and outs of exempt versus non-exempt and how you can and can’t pay individuals who are exempt or non-exempt, including when you can or can’t deduct pay from their checks. In addition, this program will address independent contractors, how to survive a Department of Labor audit, and resources to help you review a job description and then determine whether the position is exempt or non-exempt.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Exempt and non-exempt classifications and the rules for deductions, pay practices, and more
- Ins and outs of independent-contractor status versus the employee-employer relationship
- Understand a myriad of pay policies you will want to share with employees
- Surviving a Department of Labor audit
- How to review a job description to determine whether it is exempt or non-exempt
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample pay policies
- Self-audit checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for HR administrators and payroll staff who need to understand the FLSA and ensure compliance.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Robinson HR Consulting